BIM - Integral building planning
Typically, a large number of individuals are involved in building planning which means information often gets lost, resulting in errors. BIM allows groups of individuals to work together on projects to promote an early exchange of information and help avoid errors. Doors are frequently seen as one of the most complex construction components, due to the different needs they must fulfil. We offer BIM door objects for door planning to simplify this process.
Building Information Modelling made easy
Digital BIM planning is an effective addition to building models. © Karin Fiedler / GEZE GmbH
BIM stands for Building Information Modelling and refers to an integral method for innovative building planning using software. Building data are recorded, processed and networked digitally using BIM. BIM allows buildings can be designed, modelled, optimised and simulated. From the planning phase through construction and operation, and even including demolition. All this is done in just one 3D model which all the participants work on jointly. The model is refined throughout the course of planning. At the end, an image of an actual building is created.
The BIM method is far more than just a simple 3D model:
A variety of information can be linked to every component and every element, for example about maintenance cycles or instructions for recycling the specific element. One of the benefits of digital integral planning with BIM is that precise predictions of a building's construction and life cycle costs can be made at the planning stage. We offer BIM door objects for download to simplify door planning.Download GEZE door objects
The BIM method provides the following advantages during building planning:
- better exchange of information between all participants
- continual availability of high-quality data
- improved productivity
- errors are identified early on
- greater planning and cost securityTo your personal advantages
Effective door planning design with GEZE BIM objects
BIM enables anyone involved in the building planning to work together on the projects that have been created. Specifically to simplify door planning, we have developed door objects based on the results of our work with the door group of buildingSMART, with whom we cooperate and collaborate. The wealth of meta data already available is compared against their official door list. This even includes international projects and serves as a guide for the opportunities that the BIM object offers.
We support you with BIM webinars & workshops from our BIM experts
Simple and efficient planning
- Five door objects are available for BIM planning
- The BIM door objects can be individually adapted
- Our door objects offer a complete door, not just an attachment
- Side panels and fanlights are included on the swing doors
- Door or element lists can be created for your integral planning at the touch of a button
- BIM objects can be adjusted in the scale of 1:200 to 1:10.
- BIM objects are surprisingly small and compact, with no unnecessary details
Door objects are available free of charge in German, English, and Spanish for the following programmes:
- Graphisoft Archicad (version 17 or above)
- Autodesk Revit (version 2015 or above)
- Nemetschek Allplan (version 2016 or above)
Contact and information exchange with specialists is part of the complete GEZE BIM solution. So not only do we 3D objects, we also provide a solution for designers within the BIM process.Download door objects
Overview of our five door objects
You can use the five basic GEZE door types to create countless varieties of neutral doors. These include, for instance, an automated door or a hold-open system. Download the single leaf swing door and use the parameters provided. All the elements necessary in door planning, such as door handles, fanlights, and side panels are included in the GEZE BIM objects. Each door can be adjusted and changed during the course of planning. Start your personal configuration now.
Single leaf swing door
You can use the underlying parameters to easily create single leaf swing doors with the following components: Door closer, automatic swing door drive, hold-open system, free swing door closer, RWA air intake door, access control or emergency exit protection. © GEZE GmbH
Double leaf swing door
The special features of the asymmetrical double leaf swing door are shown on the left in the BIM model: In addition to basic parameters, there are further options to choose from such as the closing sequence control, carry bar, configuration of the passive leaf and many more possibilities. © GEZE GmbH
Manual sliding door
Manual sliding doors are a practical, space-saving, and design-oriented solution. To simplify your work, wall installation (the most common option) is set as the default here. So you can start planning right away! © GEZE GmbH
Automatic sliding door
You can use the automatic sliding door to configure a personalised BIM door object with a wide variety of drive and door leaf types. All options are included: All-glass doors, burglar protection, doors for narrow profiles, break-out function, accessibility, escape routes, and much more. © GEZE GmbH
You can choose between 3- or 4-leaf revolving doors at the push of a button, as well as between underfloor operators or drive guidance in ceiling. The many additional options provide optimal support when planning for specialised needs such as heavy traffic or large passage widths. © GEZE GmbH
Benefit from BIM building planning
- Universally configurable objects
- Extended meta data for export of door lists
- Simple structuring with just five different objects
- Development of neutral objects
- Complete doors instead of just door fittings or built-on parts
Our project consultants are available with detailed information and advice on our products and their use via our GEZE Architects’ hotline (from 7.30 am to 5.00 pm daily). Or give us a call on +49 (0)7152/203-112.
- All the key data at a glance allows you to extract price-related information
- Use of proven door solutions instead of risky personal creations
- BIM projects can be tailored for your own standard door catalogue
- Direct connection to the manufacturer for comparable data
- Expert consultancy for door solutions based on many years of experience
Give us a call
For detailed information and advice on our products and how they are used by our project consultants, just call us on +49 (0)7152/203-112.
- Standardised data from the designer packed with information
- Early visualisation of the door brings security in terms of price and function
- Consistent door information, from planning through to operation
- Link to Facility Management right from the planning phase
We are happy to advise you
Our project consultants are available with detailed information and advice on our products and their use via our GEZE hotline (from 7.30 am to 5.00 pm daily). Or give us a call on +49 (0)7152/203-112.
- Provision of complete BIM door objects (instead of just door fittings or attachments)
- Support for BIM projects
- Competent BIM experts to answer all your questions
- Participate in GEZE BIM seminars and webinars
We’d be delighted to help
We are happy to answer specific questions about GEZE products via the GEZE Service Hotline on +49 (0)1802/923 392. Our project consultants are available with detailed information and advice on our products and their use via our GEZE Architects’ hotline (from 7.30 am to 5.00 pm daily).
Learn the basics in our BIM Webinar
Insight into BIM planning using a CAD program.
Do you want to learn more about our door objects? Our free German BIM webinars teach you all you need to know about the following topics:
- Brief introduction: What is BIM?
- Door planning with BIM
- How GEZE BIM objects works
- BIM FAQs
Interested? Send us an e-mail and we’ll contact you to arrange an appointment.Arrange an appointment
Download BIM door objects
Integrate the GEZE door objects into your integral planning. You can also easily download BIM objects here. You will also find supporting manuals describing how to use our BIM objects.